You may have thought on the subject of buying some crypto assets, and now you have decided to buy Bitcoin at CEX.IO. To proceed with this, all you need to have is an account and a debit card. If you have one, read our guide to discover the steps which you need to do next.
Register at CEX.IO
If you are new to the platform, you need to create your account at CEX.IO. Skip this step if you already have one.
The registration process is simple and quick:
1. Register your account by providing your e-mail address, country, name and surname, as well as the date of birth;
2. Go through the verification process;
3. Link your debit card to your account, typing its number and expiration date.
After passing the verification procedure, you can go to the most important step - buying assets. At CEX.IO, we offer you the easiest way to buy Bitcoin.
Sell Bitcoin with Instant Sell
Now let’s have a closer look at the unique Instant Sell feature in CEX.IO mobile app, which gives you the possibility to get cryptocurrency with your debit card asap.
Have a look at the 4 Instant Sell options. These are the boxes with price and amount, so-called Fill-or-Kill (FOK) orders. FOK orders were implemented for you as the fastest way to buy BTC.
How do the Fill-or-Kill (FOK) orders work?
At the top of the three first orders, you can see the amount of money (fiats) for which you can sell assets that you need. As for the fourth, you may decide which amount of your assets you are ready to sell to get fiats. Above them, you may choose the crypto you want to sell (BTC, ETH, BCH, DASH, LTC, etc.) and the fiat currency you would like to get: USD, EUR, GBP. The amount of fiats you can get freezes — you can see the countdown in the bottom — in order to allow you to sell crypto asap for the current market price and to make sure you get the desired proceeds.
Buy crypto with Instant Buy
Likewise, proceeds buying process.
Let’s suppose you want to buy Ethereum with debit card for USD. What should you do?
1. You need to choose to “Buy” ETH and “With” USD;
2. Then you’ll see the $200, $500, $1000 at the top of each order. If these are the amounts you were eager to spend, opt for one of them. Otherwise, input your amount into the 4th order to see how much ETH you will get. For example, you choose $500, which appears to be the most popular one;
3. Press the “Buy” button;
4. If you are already logged in, just sign in to your account by typing your e-mail and password. Provide info about your card. You are allowed to use any Visa or MasterCard issued in any currency. (If you haven’t added your paying card before, insert your debit card number and expiry date and wait until this payment method is confirmed.);
6. Confirm the transaction.
That’s it! Now, if the current market conditions can execute your order on terms you agreed on or even on more favourable, the order will be filled. However, in case of a sudden spike in the exchange rate — preventing the execution of the order on the agreed conditions — you will get a notification that your order was submitted.
As soon as the circle line becomes blue, the price switches according to the market shifts.
In the same fashion, you can use Instant Sell with other fiats and cryptocurrencies.