Each crypto trading app has unique features. When it comes to the CEX.IO mobile app, it was designed to enable you to trade and control your orders and funds however you see fit. Additionally, it has several functionalities that make it stand out in terms of on-the-go trading (for example, if you’re looking to sell Bitcoin).
These functionalities include:
- Instant Buy/Sell service
- Exchange feature
- Trade Pro tools (for market and limit orders)
How to use the CEX.IO app for cryptocurrency trading
Placing trading orders in the CEX.IO mobile app is straightforward. Go to the Trade page in theTrade Pro menu, where you’ll see Market andLimit tabs.
To buy crypto using amarket order, follow these steps:
- Enter the amount you want to spend in USD (or another currency, based on the pair you’ve selected).
- Click Buy and you’ll see the estimated amount of the selected currency you’ll get, at the current exchange rate.
- If you agree to the conditions, click Buy again.
The order will be completed immediately, and the purchased crypto will be added to your CEX.IO balance. However, note that the final amount you receive may differ from the amount estimated when placing the order, due to rapid changes in market pricing.
To sell crypto using a market order, you’ll need to follow identical steps:
- Enter the amount you want to sell, click theSell button, andconfirm the sale.
Simultaneously, besides checking cryptocurrency prices, the CEX.IO mobile crypto broker app also enables you to trade crypto by placing limit orders. To do so, you need to:
- Enter the amount you want to buy or sell.
- Enter the desired price.
- Click Buy or Sell, and check the details of your order.
- Review the details of the order, and click the Buy (or Sell) button to place the order.
Once you confirm the order, it will appear in the Orders tab of your app. As soon as the market price reaches the price you’ve specified, the order will be filled. You can also cancel a limit order at any time before it’s executed, by clicking on the red X icon next to it in the Orders tab.
You can also set up an order notification to receive a push notification in the app once your order is executed.